Steering Group / Comité de Pilotage
Cheminées d'usine et mémoire collective
Factory Chimneys and collective memory
Project for 2015 European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year
What can you do with old industrial chimneys?
Aims of the steering group
The steering group "Cheminées d'usine - Factory Chimneys" approaches the industrial heritage through the values and the landmarks of factory chimneys.
The final aims and objectives of the steering group will be defined by the partners, which will meet on several occasions during 2014 and 2015.
Le Non-Lieu, leader of the steering group, nevertheless forwards the following starting-points :
- to develop a network of European partners prepared to invest sustainably (even behind 2015) in the (re)valuation of factory chimneys, as well locally as on a European level
- to encentivise local projects and to incorporate thes in a common European network
- to contribute, through the topic of factory chimneys, to developing awareness and recognition by the public and institutions of 1) the central role of industry in the construction of European territories, 2) the importance of the saving and keeping, the protection and valuation of industrial heritage as a historic marker and witness of the dynamics of these territories.
Le Non-Lieu proposes to the partners and interested organizations :
- Camin'Europa 2015, 3th European meeting on the values of factory chimneys, under the theme "The Factory Chimneys of our European Countries and Regions: a shared industrial culture"
- linked to these meetings, to develop: a programme of (temporary or permanent) artistic activities on industrial sites and chimneys; an exhibition "Factory Chimeys - Living Memories"; specific website on factory chimneys in Europe; a book or brochure; to launch an awareness campaign; a series of guidelines and a list of good examples
- to set up a formal network of associations campaigning for factory chimneys
> still looking for partners. Contact the team leader if your association is interested to join
Nous cherchons des partenaires européens prêts à s'investir durablement (au-delà même de 2015) pour la valorisation des cheminées d'usine, tant localement qu'en réseau européen.
second preparatory meeting on August 29th-30th 2014 in Lille-Roubaix-Tourcoing.
Electronic communication (e-mail, dropbox, skype)
Le Non-Lieu prend is sponsoring the meeting in August 2014 and 2015 (without travel expenses, hotel costs and meals which are at the charge of participants).
Le Non-Lieu will try to get European grants for future activities, 2015 onwards. Nevertheless partners will be asked to find out who will be best placed to attract European or other supports.
Languages used in the group
English and French for internal communication
Français et Anglais pour la communication interne
Languages accepted for incoming information
Français, Anglais and Dutch at the moment - other languages can be added depending on the provenance of partners and collaborators.
photo © Écomusée de l’avesnois / Atelier-Musée du Verre
- To the documents, reports and information of the project -> click here
- To general information and links